Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day 55: Gunners

Sorry,  no pics from yesterday because I didn't have time to take a picture before dashing off to this.  I know DC is really small, but running into people that I really didn't want to see: Can I say aaawkward? Especially when one of then is an old college-mate of yours. And she's always been a little weird. Or maybe it's me. Clearly, more to the story exists, but it revolves around the judgemental nature of  Korean-American Christians. (you know who you are) I know I don't always get along with all the Korean-Americans out there, and it's not without trying. I know I'm not the most outgoing or the most Korean-American, but I am definitely loads of fun once you get to know me, I promise! I really wish I *did* snap a picture because I loved my dress, I had to bandage my chestal area, and I really got dolled up. Think flowy silver-grey dress. I love the dress to bits. I'll try to recreate it when I get my dress back from the cleaners.
Yeah, I suck at life

Anyways, the gala was filled with two types of people: (1) the gunners and (2) people who got their tickets free (i.e. me.) I'm not a big networker, so I really went to try the "fancy" Korean food. Talk about a FAIL. The food was so bad, even my friend, A, was giving me "the look." You know, I got dressed up for THIS?!?! look. It wasn't Korean food, and it definitely wasn't fancy. I got three measly pieces of beef and whilst soft, where was the accoutrement? Three cubes of beef does not a fancy dish make.And the fish dish? Terrible at best. Even the dessert didn't do it for me. The wine pairings was poor. I am not wine snob, but overly-sweet wine is good with dessert, not beef.  The whole experience was awkward and stilted, just like I expected. The food definitely didn't make up for the weird vibes I was getting throughout the gala. I really owe A a nice Korean dinner. Luckily, the people around us were not gunners so we just small talked a little bit before we high-tailed it back home.

Despite that, I really did appreciate my friend, D, of thinking of me. I wish I was more outgoing and able to talk to people, but really, I hate hate hate networking. I know I can be super charming, but not when I'm forced to do it. Call it teenage rebellion, if you must; I call it chafing against THE MAN. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I always appreciate your thoughts. Much Love, Jane.