Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Two Month Review

Remember this post? Well, it's been 60 days of posting outfits and I want to see how well badly well I did in terms of not buying clothes. Even in my birthday month.

The Background: I was inspired by this NY Times article, which led me to this blog, to see how long I could go without spending money on clothes. Clearly I failed in *not* spending. Not only did I buy some articles of clothing, I also have bought accessories. It seems as if at one point, every fashion blogger has tried to go without spending money on clothes, i.e. 30 clothes in 30 days, etc., but whilst they *do* fuel the creative mind, they didn't really hit the problem that many women, including myself, have, which is spending a crapload of money on clothes and accessories, be it good quality or not. I started this blog to try and force myself to wear all the crap I have in my closet, and give away/swap/sell whatever clothes I do not wear.

Regardless, I want to continue to hold myself accountable so that I won't go on a shopping spree and then regret my purchases.

Here's the breakdown of what I bought in the last two months:

Definitely a good purchase!
These shoes from Payless? Definitely a good purchase. I've been wearing the ones on the left all.the.time. In that sense, I'm glad I bought these shoes.

All the accessories I bought

Since I couldn't go hog wild on clothes, I ended up buying accessories. I bought the gold bracelet and necklace at Goodwill. The necklaces I got from F21, as well as the belt. And the sunglasses are from Target. So far, I think I made some decent purchases.
Source
Source

So these are the two dresses I bought from Charlotte Russe. Online. I never buy anything online. I like to try my stuff first. I got the first one because Mr. T really really liked it. And I got the second one because, really, how many wrap dresses can you have? Apparently the number is to the x to the nth power. I already wore it, too.

I actually bought these dresses because I really wanted to buy this:

Lies!!
That picture is totally deceiving. When I got this in person, there were holes in the centre that made it look cheap and tacky. And since they didn't have it in the store itself, I was forced to buy it online. And since it costs 6 bucks to ship, I felt I had to buy something to decrease the shipping cost per item. That's right; Charlotte Russe, unlike F21, does NOT have free shipping. So, I bought my roommate a present, which she loved, and I got these two dresses for 8USD, not including shipping. But, since I like how they look, I'm only 99% grumpy about the shipping cost. I took away 1% due to the utter satisfaction of the dresses. Though I guess I should put it back to 100% because the necklace was horrible. 


The Verdict? Holding myself accountable using this blog has definitely decreased the amount of money I spend on clothes, but I will say I now focus my energy on accessories, which, in the Goodwill, might be a good idea, because it seems all the clothes I buy from the Goodwill always goes back to the Goodwill, but definitely not the case when it comes to other places. Sometimes you definitely need a little something to fill your wardrobe. I think this post says it best. I give myself a C. 

ETAOK, after I wrote this, I epically failed because I bought: 1) the BR top; 2) Nine West booties; 3) Aveda face lotion (awesome stuff, but really, did I need it? No); 4) Sephora eye liner; and 5) a video game. Yes, I am a sucker for free stuff.
Another picture of the BR top
EPIC FAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I always appreciate your thoughts. Much Love, Jane.