Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

A Slow Return


After six months of not writing, and a gentle nudge from Ashley, who is such a wonderful spirit, I am going to try my hand at blogging. Again.

During the time off, I realised, during the six months I blogged about what I wore, I *hated* photographing myself, much less figuring out what to wear. I love to dress well, and I still enjoy looking at fashion blogs, but taking a picture each and every day became such a chore and increased my stress level the more I did it. And looking back, some many of my outfits are mock-worthy. I was trying too hard and it showed. My focus for the blog was not true. The tone of my blog, in essence, was not my finest hour.* That said, I admire those who have the tenacity to take their picture year in and year out. I commend you.

So what now? Instead of focusing on photographing my poor sartorial choices, I will focus on my writing. I love to write and living in the DC Metro and with the internet, I have many, many topics from which I can choose.

With that, I hope you enjoy the changes. If not, I understand.

-Jane

*I hope to write more about my thoughts on fashion blogging as a whole, but at this time, it's just tentative. - JM

3 comments:

  1. Good to have you back Jane, in any way, shape or form, that your blog may take. I welcome you back, with open arms. My blogging world hasn't been the same without you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might be a *little* biased, but writing blogs are the BEST :) hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are the best. I am so lucky to have met you two.

    I can't wait to hang out with Michelle in Korea and Ashley, well, anywhere you want!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I always appreciate your thoughts. Much Love, Jane.