Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I Caved. (aka "Why I am a sucker")

Yes, I broke my resolution for no clothes and bought exercise shorts at Target. I was going to cut my other shorts, but I figured this was faster and I realise I needed one more pair. Still, I feel bad. That and I bought some jewelry from Goodwill. Does anyone every feel pressured to buy sthing when you go to a store? I do sometimes. I hate that.

Let me explain how I ended up buying stuff from Goodwill. Before I do, here is a picture of the necklace I bought:
The necklace
Pretty, no? I got it for 5 USD.

This all started when I lost my brooch at the Whole Foods in Clarendon. I was determined to find another brooch to go with the brooch I still had in my presence.I even called to see if the Whole Foods had my brooch. I was SOL. Anyways, since I had to drop my roommate off somewhere in DC, early in the morning, with a very high possibility that I had to pick her up because it was raining like a mofo, I figured I would go to Target for said shorts and then pop by the Goodwill and see if they had any brooches. The problem with the Goodwill in Falls Church is that all the jewelry is ensconced in glass. Where the registers are located. Whilst looking to see if they had any possible brooches, I saw this necklace. I wasn't sure if this was a good idea, because I almost lost my breakfast when they said the necklace was 5 bux, but the dude was breathing down my neck and I wanted to get out of there ASAP. I just wanted to see if there was any brooches that matched the one I lost. I was on a mission. A mission that was an epic FAIL.

Close up of the necklace
What do you think? I like it, but is it too much?

Then, I went to *another* Goodwill, on Glebe, in the pouring rain, grumbling because I couldn't believe how much I spent on a necklace and saw this:

That's a bracelet!

I got *this* for a buck! What's up with different prices in each Goodwill? I thought I would layer this with some other bracelets, and, what's more important, it fit my tiny wrists.

Detail shot!
And, of course, there was no brooch that I liked. Hence, the EPIC FAIL! T_T

Anyways, the reason why I didn't mind buying the bracelet at the Goodwill on Glebe is because 1) the lady at the register was super awesome and friendly; and 2) it was only a dollar. The necklace should have been 3 USD. Also they were trying to push me into buying more stuff. Not cool, man. Not cool.

Any thoughts on how I can wear the necklace? I like it, but am drawing a blank. Don't want to look matronly, either. =*(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I always appreciate your thoughts. Much Love, Jane.