Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 16: Twinsies


Shirt: Costco (Korea)
Shorts: Target (Cut off by me)
Necklace: Goodwill
Shoes: Payless

My roommate and I had almost the same outfit! Wheee! Her's was a black v-neck from F21 and she had blue jean shorts and brown plaid shoes. But the idea was the same. We had to laugh. =)

The cut-off shorts were formally skinny jeans from Target, but there is some "wearage" (ahem) in the thigh area, so I decided to make them into shorts until they wear out. I noticed a lot of bloggers wearing cut-off shorts and I liked the look, as it was, to me, casually edgy. I also noticed F21 also had cut-off shorts, and instead of spending approximately 20 USD, I decided to make my own.

Here is one way to diy your denim cut-offs. The way *I* did it was to first wear the jean.  Then, with a chalk, mark where you would like to cut the jeans off, whilst wearing the jeans. Launder the jeans and the ends will fray. I cut mine lower than most shorts because I don't like the wear really short shorts, as they bunch in the thigh. I also didn't like the look of the cut-offs without cuffing them, so I would suggest to cut them a little lower, and then cuffing them to the desired length. In addition, if your jeans are skinny, i.e. tight, like  mine, I suggest cutting a slit on the side to allow cuffing to occur without pinching your legs. I like the way they look. Very casual and an opportunity to wear them when not at work.

Today, I paired to shorts with a black top and decided to wear this necklace which I got from the Goodwill for 1 USD! I couldn't believe noone wanted this beautiful necklace, but I'm glad I found it.
Detail of the necklace
I love how it is gold and silver. It's absolutely beautiful. Plus, it does add colour to an almost black outfit. In addition, I added a pop of colour with the red plaid shoes. I love the shoes I bought from Payless. Thank you commercial, you did you job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I always appreciate your thoughts. Much Love, Jane.